Skip to main content

Can we still be together?

So you came back last night.

Last night, I was feeling really down and emo. I needed someone that is close enough to be with me, to listen to me.

I haven't been feeling well for a month already. It started with a bacterial tonsillitis, recovered, had another mild sore throat which doctor said was viral, recovered, had mild sore throat, recovered, had mild sore throat, did throat swab, confirmed not bacterial... I have been worrying a lot, I am afraid that these will the symptoms of me catching HIV. I had an encounter, but it was with condom, but still I am worried that there may be chances...It's actually been more than 13 weeks now and I have had two tests done recently, all came back negative.

You told me that it's all mental. Yes, that's what I needed to hear, someone who is beside me to reassure me that everything's fine. It is probably mental or something like glandular fever that takes longer for my body to fully recover.

When you first gave me that hug last night, I just couldn't stop myself from crying. All that sadness, loneliness that I have experienced these few weeks, when I tried to isolate myself from you to prevent us to go back together. I have been telling myself that I should hate you so that I have a reason to forget about you and move on. I didn't expect myself to be so sad until you hugged me.

You had to go home just now. I wish I could say please stay here with me forever but I know it's not going to happen. That will just scare you away. I have to pretend that it's ok, pretend that I won't die without you.

I start to think about you already. Thinking about what you could be thinking. I dunno if it's right to be so emotionally attached to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How long is 20 months?

It's been almost a year since I last wrote. So what prompted me to write again? I still haven't gotten over Jay. He left in June 16? Yes, its now March 18. Shocking right,? How can someone, especially someone like me who can be so determined in my career and studies, who is so rational in all other material aspects, fail to marshal the power to put an end to it. I wanted to write, to remind myself how much time has passed, as his second birthday post our breakup is coming up. Last year, I mailed him a gift and a card. There was no reply. He finally agreed to meet over lunch about half a year ago? I texted him on a monthly basis to say hello. He would give me a simple reply if he felt like it. There was this perpetual urge to see him, to talk to him. I took photos of the baked goods I made. I used the 'save' feature on Facebook to save cute or funny videos. I hoped one day I would have the opportunity to show him all these. How foolish. I noticed I did ...

Life Too Gay

Secret Santa. Christmas gift 2013 to one of my housemates.  Had a test yesterday.  Went to the nearby Myer department store to look for a gift for the Secret Santa event at my accommodation. Budget was $10. Saw a lot of cute little inventions, most of them averaged around $20. Could have gotten something within budget but it wouldn't be as interesting so I decided to get this little duckling infuser. It's sightly over budget ($15) but it's worth the while because I think he likes it! (I think he still doesn't know that it's from me, he's also gay by the way) Gay much?  I got a box of chocolates, an assortment of mini mars bars, milky way, M&Ms, etc. To be honest, I didn't like it! I have been trying to avoid chocolates, so that I don't have to take in unnecessary calories. My chocolate quota is reserved for really down moments, when I really need to up my mood. But I still put up a smile la, my secret santa must be looking at me when I unw...

I am free!

Submitted my thesis last week. Worked till 6am, sent my final draft to my supervisor, and went to bed. Didn't really sleep though, as I set my alarm at 8am, and by then, my supervisor had already emailed me the final edits required. I incorporated the final changes, and saved a few copies to my pen drives, to dropbox, before I showered and headed off to uni to print. Deadline was at 12pm, I was at the print shop at around 10.30am. It was a super cheerful asian lady. The print shop was empty, probably because it was Stuvac. Printed the entire thing in colour, cost me a fortune. But luckily the lady kindly gave me some discounts, so nice of her. Took a few photos of them before I handed them in. Uni is finally over!!! ...OR probably not??! One of the best things being with Jay, is that he is interesting. He's smart. Because, you know, I am already smart, so I need someone smarter for some stimulation. (Just kidding!! :-p) I called him right after I finished posting the ph...