Skip to main content

Media Action & Test

It's my first time participating in a 'media action'. Can't disclose too much here, but we were surrounded by reporters and cameras. Not sure if we made it to the TV news though.

Two days ago, David called me and asked if I would be interested to help out. My job was simple. I didn't have to speak out. I only had to hold a placard that said '[location] cares about affordable transport'. So there were about 20 of us, each holding a placard to represent different areas across NSW.

The whole thing only lasted for about 20 minutes. It was a fun experience though.

After the event, I lied  that I wanted to walk around the city. I actually made an appointment for a body check today.

It's been more than 3 months since the exposure. And the last test was done after 9 weeks. I want to be hundred percent certain, and I want to put this behind and move forward, without having to associate random symptoms i have with the exposure.

I went to a private practice this time, as opposed to free public sexual health clinics. But it was partially covered by Medicare (tests fully covered). The doctor, should be a gay, in his 40s, was a bit too long-winded with his attempt to build a good rapport with me.

I was feeling tired already, after having to wait for 20 mins even with an appointment. I just wanted to have the tests and leave. But he went on and on about what I am studying, etc...

Tried to take a nap when I reached home but just couldn't really fall into sleep. Still feeling tired throughout the evening. Didn't work on my research at all!

Had to listen to this horrible lady speak (she's totally like Umbridge in Harry Potter!) yesterday at the school.

Though everyone hated her the moment she opened her mouth, there were certain things that I thought were 'inspiring'.

Eg. what's the point of spending this year, if you can't get the top grade? Wouldn't it be better to stay at home and receive unemployment benefits?!! (WTF, it made me feel so stressed but it's kinda true)

And she did this calculation and informed us that in order to achieve that, we would have to spend at least 7-8 hours a day on our research project!

Obviously, I am not doing that today.

I have to change!! CHANGE!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How long is 20 months?

It's been almost a year since I last wrote. So what prompted me to write again? I still haven't gotten over Jay. He left in June 16? Yes, its now March 18. Shocking right,? How can someone, especially someone like me who can be so determined in my career and studies, who is so rational in all other material aspects, fail to marshal the power to put an end to it. I wanted to write, to remind myself how much time has passed, as his second birthday post our breakup is coming up. Last year, I mailed him a gift and a card. There was no reply. He finally agreed to meet over lunch about half a year ago? I texted him on a monthly basis to say hello. He would give me a simple reply if he felt like it. There was this perpetual urge to see him, to talk to him. I took photos of the baked goods I made. I used the 'save' feature on Facebook to save cute or funny videos. I hoped one day I would have the opportunity to show him all these. How foolish. I noticed I did ...

Life Too Gay

Secret Santa. Christmas gift 2013 to one of my housemates.  Had a test yesterday.  Went to the nearby Myer department store to look for a gift for the Secret Santa event at my accommodation. Budget was $10. Saw a lot of cute little inventions, most of them averaged around $20. Could have gotten something within budget but it wouldn't be as interesting so I decided to get this little duckling infuser. It's sightly over budget ($15) but it's worth the while because I think he likes it! (I think he still doesn't know that it's from me, he's also gay by the way) Gay much?  I got a box of chocolates, an assortment of mini mars bars, milky way, M&Ms, etc. To be honest, I didn't like it! I have been trying to avoid chocolates, so that I don't have to take in unnecessary calories. My chocolate quota is reserved for really down moments, when I really need to up my mood. But I still put up a smile la, my secret santa must be looking at me when I unw...

I am free!

Submitted my thesis last week. Worked till 6am, sent my final draft to my supervisor, and went to bed. Didn't really sleep though, as I set my alarm at 8am, and by then, my supervisor had already emailed me the final edits required. I incorporated the final changes, and saved a few copies to my pen drives, to dropbox, before I showered and headed off to uni to print. Deadline was at 12pm, I was at the print shop at around 10.30am. It was a super cheerful asian lady. The print shop was empty, probably because it was Stuvac. Printed the entire thing in colour, cost me a fortune. But luckily the lady kindly gave me some discounts, so nice of her. Took a few photos of them before I handed them in. Uni is finally over!!! ...OR probably not??! One of the best things being with Jay, is that he is interesting. He's smart. Because, you know, I am already smart, so I need someone smarter for some stimulation. (Just kidding!! :-p) I called him right after I finished posting the ph...