Skip to main content

My Progress So Far

In my previous post, I made a list of the things that I wanted to do, in order for me to start thinking and feeling positively.

I have moved into this brand new studio apartment. I have also been cooking up a storm. I could now simply heat up my food when I get home from work, without having to rely on expensive take-away meals.

However, I haven't been able to tick off items 3-5 yet. The apartment could be tidier. I have no one to invite over for meals. And lastly, item number 5, I don't think it will ever happen.

Couple of weeks ago, after moving in, I texted Jay. I asked if it was possible to have a conversation. I told him I wasn't being emotional, I simply wanted to talk.

He declined. And my last text to him was: "I have given you 10 months".

Recently, on Facebook, I discovered videos made by a lady called Xandra Ooi which I found highly helpful and inspirational. She would end each video with ".... be happy, always".

Her ideas made total sense to me, but practising them is not easy.

I acknowledged that my happiness should not depend on someone other than myself. I kept reminding myself that I should not expect anyone, especially Jay, to make me happy or to pull me out  from my sorrow.

I realised that it has to be me, myself to accomplish this, to be happy.

I told myself that it is all about how I perceive, how I think.

My mind and heart should be strong. I need to be brave enough to let go...

I should not see myself as a 'victim', instead, I should always remind myself how abundant my life is, how blessed I already am.

I think I have made some progress.

But at the same time, it seems that I have underestimated the difficulty of recovering, of letting go.

Is it because I had loved him so much more than he had, hence it is so much harder for me?

Why do I still have random dreams about him?

I have met him at several social events recently. I avoided eye contact at all costs. We never talked. Why should we? Why would he want to? He seems to have made a full recovery, and is already in another relationship.

I realised I still struggled to breathe every time i saw him. I was conscious about the difficulty of breathing calmly. And it consumed a lot of my energy for the rest of the day, in order for me to resume my day-to-day life.

Really, what should I do? What wrong have I committed so badly that it seems I am forever cursed to suffer?

And coupled with another big issue of 'finding your purpose in life'; I am seriously lost.

The only path, the only way forward that I could rely on to carry on my life, is work. It keeps me going to a certain extent.

At least i know that on Mondays to Fridays, I have to get up to go to work. I know I have to eat at lunch time. I know I got to do things well. I know I got to think about promotions or career advancement in general.

As for the more important issues in life- to be happy, to love and be loved, to have a purpose; I don't quite have a clue yet.

Comments

  1. Always look at the bright side of things. Recovery is a very rocky road but eventually you will get out of it and everything will be smooth as silk.

    The missing puzzles will fit perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How long is 20 months?

It's been almost a year since I last wrote. So what prompted me to write again? I still haven't gotten over Jay. He left in June 16? Yes, its now March 18. Shocking right,? How can someone, especially someone like me who can be so determined in my career and studies, who is so rational in all other material aspects, fail to marshal the power to put an end to it. I wanted to write, to remind myself how much time has passed, as his second birthday post our breakup is coming up. Last year, I mailed him a gift and a card. There was no reply. He finally agreed to meet over lunch about half a year ago? I texted him on a monthly basis to say hello. He would give me a simple reply if he felt like it. There was this perpetual urge to see him, to talk to him. I took photos of the baked goods I made. I used the 'save' feature on Facebook to save cute or funny videos. I hoped one day I would have the opportunity to show him all these. How foolish. I noticed I did ...

Life Too Gay

Secret Santa. Christmas gift 2013 to one of my housemates.  Had a test yesterday.  Went to the nearby Myer department store to look for a gift for the Secret Santa event at my accommodation. Budget was $10. Saw a lot of cute little inventions, most of them averaged around $20. Could have gotten something within budget but it wouldn't be as interesting so I decided to get this little duckling infuser. It's sightly over budget ($15) but it's worth the while because I think he likes it! (I think he still doesn't know that it's from me, he's also gay by the way) Gay much?  I got a box of chocolates, an assortment of mini mars bars, milky way, M&Ms, etc. To be honest, I didn't like it! I have been trying to avoid chocolates, so that I don't have to take in unnecessary calories. My chocolate quota is reserved for really down moments, when I really need to up my mood. But I still put up a smile la, my secret santa must be looking at me when I unw...

I am free!

Submitted my thesis last week. Worked till 6am, sent my final draft to my supervisor, and went to bed. Didn't really sleep though, as I set my alarm at 8am, and by then, my supervisor had already emailed me the final edits required. I incorporated the final changes, and saved a few copies to my pen drives, to dropbox, before I showered and headed off to uni to print. Deadline was at 12pm, I was at the print shop at around 10.30am. It was a super cheerful asian lady. The print shop was empty, probably because it was Stuvac. Printed the entire thing in colour, cost me a fortune. But luckily the lady kindly gave me some discounts, so nice of her. Took a few photos of them before I handed them in. Uni is finally over!!! ...OR probably not??! One of the best things being with Jay, is that he is interesting. He's smart. Because, you know, I am already smart, so I need someone smarter for some stimulation. (Just kidding!! :-p) I called him right after I finished posting the ph...