Skip to main content

2nd day with family

It's tiring to be a guide. I think I may soon lose my voice. Too much talking. 

Woke up this morning and called the clinic. Thank god that they had slots available. So I went in at 10.30 to collect my test result. It's negative. Thank God. 

Started with my university. Had to be really patient. Everything seemed beautiful to them hence lots of waiting for photo taking. But I was telling myself, it's worth it la, they travelled so far to visit me and it's a blessing to be able to be with them. 

Went to chinatown. Had the famous vietnamese Pho for lunch. Haven't been to there myself, so first time for me too. It was really good. Mum made a mistake with her order but was happily surprised with the 'wrong' order. 

Walked around Chinatown. Bought sim cards. Bought some souvenirs already. Mum bought a 'cheap' jacket too, haha. As long as she's happy. 

For dinner, brought them to a Thai restaurant at the Darling Harbour. The place I went with him, the very first dinner place for us. I am glad they enjoyed the food. 

By dinner time, everyone was tired already. My younger sis wasn't feeling too well since yesterday. 

Myself, this morning, after receiving the result, I was feeling happy and relieved. And this lasted till dinner time. The stomach pain started again. 

No diarrhoea, no fever, no vomiting. Just dull pain in the abdomen/stomach. 

I had the probiotics before we left the house this morning. I thought I was recovering dy, who knows, sigh...

At dinner, I was quite worried dy. Started thinking....worrying...and I noticed I was being a little bit impatient. But luckily they were tired as well, so we came home early so everyone could rest. 

I started having Ultracarbon (activated charchoal in tablet form). Some say it's effective to absorb whatever toxins from food poisoning. Had I second dose. Going to bed soon. Hopefully this will help. If not I really dunno what else can I do dy. 

Also, tonight, I had a long conversation with parents. I finally told them about my deferral in uni. But I just briefly said that I got worried and stressed because of constant general ill feeling. And 'feeling emo'. Couldn't tell them anything about the past relationship. 

But I am glad they were able to understand and are ok with it. 


Comments

  1. I find that you write like me! Hehe. Anyway hope you're feeling better. The carbon thing usually doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! that's a big compliment. thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  2. Glad to know the test came back negative!

    The pain could be due to anxiety/stress I think. I mean, since you don't have any other symptoms. Either way, hope you feel better soon. And post photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How long is 20 months?

It's been almost a year since I last wrote. So what prompted me to write again? I still haven't gotten over Jay. He left in June 16? Yes, its now March 18. Shocking right,? How can someone, especially someone like me who can be so determined in my career and studies, who is so rational in all other material aspects, fail to marshal the power to put an end to it. I wanted to write, to remind myself how much time has passed, as his second birthday post our breakup is coming up. Last year, I mailed him a gift and a card. There was no reply. He finally agreed to meet over lunch about half a year ago? I texted him on a monthly basis to say hello. He would give me a simple reply if he felt like it. There was this perpetual urge to see him, to talk to him. I took photos of the baked goods I made. I used the 'save' feature on Facebook to save cute or funny videos. I hoped one day I would have the opportunity to show him all these. How foolish. I noticed I did ...

Life Too Gay

Secret Santa. Christmas gift 2013 to one of my housemates.  Had a test yesterday.  Went to the nearby Myer department store to look for a gift for the Secret Santa event at my accommodation. Budget was $10. Saw a lot of cute little inventions, most of them averaged around $20. Could have gotten something within budget but it wouldn't be as interesting so I decided to get this little duckling infuser. It's sightly over budget ($15) but it's worth the while because I think he likes it! (I think he still doesn't know that it's from me, he's also gay by the way) Gay much?  I got a box of chocolates, an assortment of mini mars bars, milky way, M&Ms, etc. To be honest, I didn't like it! I have been trying to avoid chocolates, so that I don't have to take in unnecessary calories. My chocolate quota is reserved for really down moments, when I really need to up my mood. But I still put up a smile la, my secret santa must be looking at me when I unw...

I am free!

Submitted my thesis last week. Worked till 6am, sent my final draft to my supervisor, and went to bed. Didn't really sleep though, as I set my alarm at 8am, and by then, my supervisor had already emailed me the final edits required. I incorporated the final changes, and saved a few copies to my pen drives, to dropbox, before I showered and headed off to uni to print. Deadline was at 12pm, I was at the print shop at around 10.30am. It was a super cheerful asian lady. The print shop was empty, probably because it was Stuvac. Printed the entire thing in colour, cost me a fortune. But luckily the lady kindly gave me some discounts, so nice of her. Took a few photos of them before I handed them in. Uni is finally over!!! ...OR probably not??! One of the best things being with Jay, is that he is interesting. He's smart. Because, you know, I am already smart, so I need someone smarter for some stimulation. (Just kidding!! :-p) I called him right after I finished posting the ph...